The Letter Writing Revolution

Revitalizing a Lost Art One Letter at a Time



Saturday, October 9, 2010

World Post Day~ October 9th 2010

For your information, courtesy of TLWR  follower Denise, today is World Post Day.

Read all about it at the Universal Postal Union website especially the section on the International letter writing competition for young people.

Now, spend a few moments today to write a letter to someone and get it in the mail in honour of our universal postal systems that helps us to stay far more connected in the REAL sense of the word than email ever will.

3 comments:

  1. I get most of my mail at a post office box in the city that is closed on weekends, so today's World Post Day didn't bring me anything exciting. However, I did put 10 letters/postcards in my mailbox (in the US, mail is collected from our home mailboxes, but in lots of other countries, it isn't) for people worldwide.

    Enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister! Honor the postal system!
    I sent a Postcrossing card to Finland today and just finished writing a letter to a friend. No good mail today, just political flyers and such. Out of the ten letters/postcards I've sent I've gotten one reply so far. I'm hoping for a few good mail days next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment, Post Muse, and glad you're enjoying the blog. Giveaway coming this week.
    Rachel B: What is a "Postcrossing card" exactly. I have seen this in other blogs but not quite sure what it is......

    ReplyDelete

I need to know that this revolution is growing and impacting the masses. Your comments motivate me! Please take the time to let me know how TLWR is working for you.