After receiving a comment on a recent post from Kaitlyn of isavirtue I checked out her blog and shopping site on Etsy and immediately fell in love with her gorgeous homemade stationery. I also discovered that Kaitlyn and I have a lot in common:
- she lives in Victoria, BC and I spent 5 years there
- she works for a well known BC artist whom I also know. I used to work for an art publishing company that published his work into art cards.
- she has worked in many art galleries in Victoria as did I
- she is a big fan of letter writing and well.......
- and she came upon TLWR when she ran into a woman who is a friend of mine from years ago
Now, my next new favourite is the complete opposite of Kaitlyn's gorgeous creations. Last summer I received a letter from Stephanie G. and she happily described that the paper that she wrote her words upon (and that I was holding in my hands) was made from elephant poo. What? Did she just say, "Elephant poo?" Yes, folks, there is even writing paper made from the dung of Sri Lankan elephants. Recently, I learned that a local shop carries many products made from the elephant poo......journals, notebooks, writing paper, envelopes and more. I visited Earth Rocks yesterday in Eganville, Ontario and bought this gorgeous writing set.
|Elephant poo paper and a smashing carrying case!|
These are just two of my latest finds. If you like them ,too, then take a gander over to isavirtue and Earth Rocks and see what else they have to offer. Let me know about your favourite stationery that you have discovered.