The Letter Writing Revolution

Revitalizing a Lost Art One Letter at a Time



Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cool Stationery

I have always had a fascination with the humble snowflake. I mean snow is amazing except when you have to drive through a blizzard at night. Here in the Ottawa Valley, we tend to see a good amount of snow between December and March and although it gets tiresome by mid-February, it really is a beautiful thing. I often wonder what it must be like for those who grow up in parts of the world that never get snow. What is like when they move to Canada and experience their first winter?

Over Christmas, while shopping, I came across a book that was filled with microscopic photographs of snowflakes. It was unbelievable to see the detail of each snowflake and to see the variety of "species" of snowflakes. Who knew? I have a friend who loves snowflakes and so I had to get the book for her as a gift. Not long after, my sister introduced me to the photography of Ben Anderman, a local man who also is interested in photographing snowflakes among other things. He takes close-up shots of snowflakes on his woolen mittens. He creates notecards of his photographs which I have fallen in love with.

One of Ben's snowflake photographs!

If you have fallen in love with this interesting stationery, you can visit his website and purchase these and other notecards from him. I am always looking for unique ways to send a letter or a note.

4 comments:

  1. Checking out your blogs this a.m. after being away for 4 days...thinking I may have forgotten to mention the beautiful "snowflake" card in my last letter. Great "all about love" comments on the 14th. Take care of Julie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful picture!! I also "try" to take photos of snowflakes. Though, I have never tried it on wool mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That snowflake photo is fabulous! Snowflakes are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

I need to know that this revolution is growing and impacting the masses. Your comments motivate me! Please take the time to let me know how TLWR is working for you.