The Letter Writing Revolution

Revitalizing a Lost Art One Letter at a Time



Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mission Accomplished

I have managed to write my Christmas cards for the first time in many years. I wrote a card to 99% of those who are listed in my address book. If I know you well and you don't get a Christmas card from me, do not take it personally. I simply didn't have your snail mail address. I am looking forward to dropping them all into the mailbox the day following our daughter's birthday.

I enjoyed the task of writing personalized notes and inserting a family photo into each one (unless I see you regularly or thought it weird to send you a family photo). I created a morning ritual of lighting candles on the kitchen table, pouring myself a large mug of coffee and then gradually working my way through my address book.There is something so satisfying about making personal contact with those whom you may have been out-of-touch with for some time. This time of year is a perfect opportunity to rekindle those lost relationships. Write a card. Write a letter. Pick up the phone.

I have already received my first Christmas greeting. My Aunt Marilyn sends her cards out before she leaves for her winter getaway in Florida. I am sure that we will all be getting more mail than usual in the coming weeks.

As an aside......

If you have enjoyed reading this blog, you may also enjoy my brand new (launched last night!) blog which is totally unrelated to letter writing. You can find it at http://www.julies40sproject.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a wonderful and stress free way to get your cards done. Thanks for sharing.

    Jackie
    Letters & Journals

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

I need to know that this revolution is growing and impacting the masses. Your comments motivate me! Please take the time to let me know how TLWR is working for you.