The Letter Writing Revolution

Revitalizing a Lost Art One Letter at a Time



Wednesday, July 14, 2010

50 Followers and An Award to Boot!

Look at that! An award for my very new blog. Thanks to Cat at AmLo Farms for choosing The Letter Writing Revolution as one of her top ten deserving blogs. Wow! I am really pleased because Cat isn't a family member or a close friend in real life. She is really a stranger who found me through someone else's blog and she liked it enough to send that wee award above to me. Cool.
Of course, I gratefully accept this award but there are rules for the acceptance of the award which are:
  • Thank the blogger who bestowed the Award on you.
  • Sum up your blogging experience, philosophy and motivation in five (5) words.
  • Pass the Award on to 10 deserving bloggers.
Thank you, Cat, I am flattered and thrilled that you chose me as one of your top ten deserving blogs especially since I don't know you personally and therefore you didn't feel obligated to pick me :-)
Five Words: Revitalizing the Art of Letterwriting (that's all one word, right?).
This is where I have run into a bit of a problem. I have just started this whole blogging thing so I am quite unfamiliar with the bazillions of blogs out there. I read maybe only a handful regularly but I am slowly discovering more and more. So, for the sake of sharing those favs with you. I will list them here:
The Knitty Gritty Homestead
The Gluten Free Goddess
1000 Awesome Things
Simplicity Mom
Twig and Toadstool
Rural Rainbow Ramblings

But, I am going to keep looking around and as I discover more favourites, I will share this award with them.

I have had two requests from mothers looking for pen pals for their children. You've come to the right place! I am your Letter Writing Queen Hook Up. You want a letter? I'll write you one. You need a pen pal for your child? I will find you someone. You want to write a letter? My mailbox awaits.

I better get writing.........YOUR mailbox awaits.

7 comments:

  1. I went to the post office today for the first time in MONTHS (we have a rural mailbox!)and spent $50 on stamps! Stamps!! Decorative ones. The correct term is Philatelic Stamps (I nosily asked what was written on the secretive looking enveloped tucked into the drawer. They're the pretty, collectable ones. Can't wait to use them all up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are revitalizing this lost art. I love writing and receiving letters and I try my best to pass on the art of letter writing and the art of writing Thank you cards (also a VERY lost art) onto my children.

    Keep up the great work Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention Julie! I would LOVE to see a kids pen pal match up going on. I don't know how you would go about doing it though, but I think it's a grand idea! Count us in!!

    xo maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Julie! You totally deserve it as this IS a blog with substance.
    Love,
    Proud Big Sister

    ReplyDelete
  5. as soon as i found your blog through your sister's, i knew that i had found a jewel..:) it came at just the right time because of my eldest daughter's intense desire to write and send letters. she loves it. we actually need to go get more stamps as we just used up the last one yesterday. thank you so much for starting this and i hope i can help bring more people to this space to be just as inspired as we are!

    peace!

    oh..and count us in for pen pals....my 7 year old would love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Julie! I'm so privileged to be one of your "chosen ones." All this blog love really makes my day. What a wonderfully strong community of women to draw inspiration from.

    Hopefully my postcard/letter makes it to you soon. I put three stamps on it so no excuses from the USPS!

    Stephanie :)
    www.simplicitymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your blog.one of these days i must get a letter out.Promise!

    ReplyDelete

I need to know that this revolution is growing and impacting the masses. Your comments motivate me! Please take the time to let me know how TLWR is working for you.